Creative Director, Product Designer
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania -
Leader dedicated to cultivating a collaborative design process, developing branding and advertising campaigns that spark excitement, and creating seamless user experiences throughout a product ecosystem. Excels at leading creative and digital teams by inspiring breakthrough work, cultivating talents, developing skills, and motivating members to meet tight deadlines.
Associate Creative Director, Strategy & Product Design
2015 – Present
Strategist for C-suite executives; Builds communication tactics for investor relations, internal teams, and external audiences across Video, Internet, IoT, the Network, and corporate development.
Devises vision, storylines, and captures emerging trends as an independent thinker under tight timelines.
Product owner for XFINITY Design Standards website, UI kit, and patterns library; Maintains product roadmap and release schedule with Engineering, Hardware, Brand, and Design teams using Scrum methods in Agile framework.
Associate Creative Director, User Experience
2014 – 2015
Led a team of user experience designers and information architects for X1 mobile and web products. Planned and designed sprint stories and product features, collaborated with research team to conduct user testing.
Senior Designer, User Experience
2013 – 2014
Visual design lead for UX team; Designed apps for XFINITY set-top box, web, iOS, and Android products.
December 2012 – October 2013
· Lead for all creative, including branding, advertising, responsive websites, ecommerce, collateral, packaging, and UX.
· Guided account planning, budgets, new business, strategy, and managed the agency; Led social media campaigns.
- For Fatback, an all-terrain fat tire mountain bike company, developed
UX and designed a responsive ecommerce website; Created bike graphics, ad campaign, copywriting, and catalog; Led PR/product launch for Corvus, a fat tire carbon fiber bike.
- For AIRGO, a tractor-trailer automatic tire inflation company, created a responsive CMS website, ad campaign, and animated sales video targeting fleet managers to leverage the company’s industry-leading ROI to increase sales.
- Spearheaded design of agency’s new website.
- Clients include: Fox Head, Fatback Bikes, Amuneal, Philadelphia University, Rovi Advertising, AIRGO, Klim, KMC Chain, Atayne, QUIKKI Energy Shots
Digital Strategist / Director
2011 – 2012
Built successful brand relationships as a strategic & interactive lead for all digital touch points, including content. Directed digital strategy and managed engineering; Designed discrete & responsive sites, UX/IA, and social media. Pitched all new digital business; Led client presentations and CMS training sessions.
- Defined interactive department’s creative & development process, digital workflow, agency client review standards.
- UX project lead for Pfizer’s sales incentive program to increase sales by $1 Billion: directed content strategy, persona development, wireframing, UX, and clarified digital process to create an online collaborative workspace integrated within the client’s intranet.
- Guided ISS, a non-profit educational organization, through naming and brand strategy to take full advantage of a tremendous opportunity to partner with the U.S. military.
- Pitched & won a proposal for a social media campaign to increase new membership for an international educational organization.
- Clients include: AARP, Comcast, XFINITY, International Schools Services, South Jersey Gas, RevSpring, Urban Youth Racing School
Principal / Creative Director
2004 – 2011
Directed all aspects of business, client management, new accounts, staffing, purchasing, strategy, and design.
- Created a consistent brand voice for Mural Arts, directly driving an increase in individual and institutional donations by $800,000 and total revenue by $2 million over one year. Deliverables included a unified style guide, advertising template, newsletter, and annual giving brochure.
- Guided MDB, a baby furniture company, through a rebrand and expansion of multiple sub-brands; Included naming, brand strategy, and directed design campaign.
- Managed intern program that connected deserving non-profit, arts, and museum clients with great design.
- Clients include: Mural Arts Program, Pepsi, Harvard Business School, Philadelphia Landmarks, MDB, Babyletto, NurseryWorks, Design Philadelphia
August 2008 – January 2011
- Restructured core curriculum for 2-semester visual communication class.
- Introduced core structural concepts of graphic form, semiotics, and hand-built processes through practical studies based in Swiss design pedagogy.
Art Director / Senior Designer
June 2005 – July 2008
Directed designers in U.S. and France and production team in Hong Kong: Led creation of identity, print, web, packaging, store design, signage, and point of purchase; Conducted press checks in U.S. and Europe.
- Advised on new product development, naming and marketing to optimize business needs.
- For LaserPerformance, a leading sailboat manufacturer and distributor, led renaming and created concept, identity, and branding.
- Developed iconic identity and comprehensive branding program for Maclaren, British baby stroller company, from concept development to production.
- Worked closely with CEO to define studio process.
- Clients include: Maclaren, Laser Performance, Ronson, Karim Rashid, Starck Agency, Kate Spade, Beginning
Rhode Island School of Design
BFA, Graphic Design
Hochscule für Gestaltung und Kunst Basel
Study Abroad, Graphic Design
Delaware College of Art and Design
- Expert Timeline, Process, and Creative Management
- Expert Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Working Knowledge of Drupal, WordPress, Joomla, Magento
- Functional Knowledge of HTML5 / XHTML / CSS3
- Conversational PHP
- Basic After Effects and Final Cut Studio
Action Sports & Outdoor
- Fox Head
- Fatback Bikes
- KMC Chain
- Laser Performance
- Arctic Ease
- Community Bikes & Boards
- Great American Mud Run
- Performance Sailcraft Europe
- Bonita Charters
- CrossFit 215
- Long River Adventures
- KGB (Knowledge Generation Bureau)
- The Results Companies
- Design Philadelphia
Beverage & Food
- QUIKKI Energy Shots
- Vigere Foods
- Flavour Ventures
Consumer, Fashion, & Furniture
- Starck Agency
- Kate Spade
- Karim Rashid
- Beginning Organics
- MDB Group
- Million Dollar Baby
- Harvard Business School
- Philadelphia University
- International Schools Services
- Urban Youth Racing School
- Athenaeum of Philadelphia
- Sesquehanna Waldorf School
Non-Profit & Philanthropic
- Mural Arts Program
- Philadelphia Society for Landmarks
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
- P.A. Society of Physician Assistants
- N.C. Academy of Physician Assistants
- Saber es Poder
- Southeastern P.A. Trail Riders
- The Resolution Project
- Glenville Farms
- Sustainable Planning
Art & Photography
- Harrington Studios
- South Jersey Gas
- The Framers Corner
- The United States Senate
- Seacrest Village
- G Resorts
Pharmaceutical & Healthcare
- Invisible Sentinel
- Implant Logyca
- Smile Designer
Transportation & Logistics
- AIRGO Truck and Trailers
- RAF Logistics